Pork roll has been claimed by New Jersey as the best breakfast food in the world. Jersey natives are proud and protective of their pork roll. We feel blessed to have such a mouth watering, breakfast staple and feel terribly sorry for anyone who has never tasted it before. We are completely puzzled when traveling out of state, conversing with people who have never heard of pork roll. There’s only one explanation, they clearly have not lived!
Here at the Jersey Shore, we’ve grown up eating The Classic breakfast sandwich, Pork Roll Egg & Cheese. Grabbing a hot sandwich on our way to the beach, work or after a long night out is a necessity. Although most will agree The Classic is hands down the best way to eat pork roll, I’ve put together a couple other delicious way to enjoy the Jersey favorite!
- The Classic: 1 slice of pork roll, 1 egg & 2 slices of American cheese
(Pan fry pork roll, cook egg sunny side up & melt cheese)
- Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese on a toasted hard roll or egg everything bagel with salt, pepper & ketchup!
- The PLAT: 1 slice of pork roll, ½ avocado, 2 pieces of romaine & 2 slices of tomato
(Pan fry pork roll, slice into strips and roll into wrap with sliced avocado, tomato & lettuce)
- Pork roll, Lettuce, Avocado & Tomato rolled into a wrap! Add a little mayo, salt & pepper & a pickle on the side!
- The JerSea Veggie: ½ dozen shrimp, ½ dozen scallops, 1/2 cup quinoa, 1 cup diced veggies, 4 slices pork roll)
(Pan fry shrimp, scallops & pork roll, slice 2 pieces of pork roll in strips and wrap around fresh, local shrimp & scallops. Dice the remaining pork roll and toss into sautéed vegetables. Cook quinoa and mix into veggies. Combine all ingredients and top with a cream butter sauce
- Pork roll wrapped shrimp & scallops served over sautéed vegetables, diced pork roll & quinoa with a cream butter sauce
Pork roll can be enjoyed at any meal of the day! The delicious flavor allows you to get creative and mix it into the simplest of dishes. Try out a new, warm and hearty meal this February with New Jersey’s # 1 All Time Favorite, PORK ROLL!