This Thanksgiving, we need to be especially thankful that our community has supported each other during Hurricane Sandy and thankful we will rebuild. Thanksgiving is always an enjoyable holiday in Ocean County. Let’s make it extra enjoyable this year. Here is your guide to Thanksgiving 2012 in Ocean County:
High School Football on Thanksgiving
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving in Ocean County without high school football. On Thanksgiving, local high school rivals battle each other on the gridiron. You can catch these high school football games on Thanksgiving in 2012:
- Jackson at Jackson Liberty on 11/21 at 6pm
- Barnegat at Pinelands on 11/22 at 11am
- Shore Regional at Point Pleasant Beach on 11/22 at 10:30am
- Lakewood at Toms River South on 11/22 at 11am
- Southern Regional at Central Regional on 11/22 at 11am
- Toms River East at Toms River North on 11/22 at 11am
Perhaps you’re not in the mood to stay in and cook your Thanksgiving meal. You can always go out to eat. In Ocean County, some restaurants will be open to serve Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. Here are a few local examples:
- Artisans in Toms River will be seating on the hour (from Noon-6pm) on Thanksgiving. It’s a family-style Thanksgiving meal. Price is $34.95 for adults ($14.95 for children) plus tax and gratuity.
- Europa South in Point Pleasant Beach, will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner from Noon-7:30pm. It’s $30 for a single person to eat in or $25 to eat out. Call 732)-295-1500 to make a reservation or to find out the pricing for large parties.
- Charlie Brown’s Steakhouse, with locations in Lakewood and Toms River, presents an All-You-Can-Eat Turkey Dinner for just $19.99 for adults and $8.99 for children under 12.
- For those who were affected by Hurricane Sandy, enjoy a Thanksgiving Dinner at Ocean County College at 1PM on Thanksgiving. It’s a full Thanksgiving Dinner prepared by Jason Russo, Executive Chef at Ramada Inn of Toms River. Reservations are required by calling (732) 255-0348.
Giving Back this Thanksgiving
Help out the local victims of Hurricane Sandy this Thanksgiving by donating a nonperishable foot item to the Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties. You can also help out the Toms River Elks Lodge. They’re having a Thanksgiving feast for local Sandy victims, and are in need of desserts and baked goods. You can drop off your donations at the Toms River Elks Lodge at 600 Washington Street on Tuesday November 20th or Wednesday November 21st.