This is the 2012 Memorial Day Guide. Read the 2013 Ocean County Memorial Day Guide.
It’s Official: Summer returns to the Jersey Shore. During Memorial Day Weekend 2012, tens of thousands of people will flock to Ocean County to visit the beaches, which open that weekend. Plus it’s the official seasonal openings for the boardwalk attractions in Point Pleasant Beach and Seaside Heights, Fantasy Island in LBI and Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson. With so many tourists converging in Ocean County, it’s best to take a look at our traffic guide.
More importantly, Memorial Day Weekend is an opportunity for us to pay tribute to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice to our nation. Let’s honor and remember our brave military by attending the Memorial Day parades and ceremonies across Ocean County. Here is your guide to Memorial Day 2012 in Ocean County:
Northeast Ocean County
- On May 25th at 7:30PM, Lakewood will be holding a Memorial Service in their Municipal Auditorium. The service features the Pledge of Allegiance, invocation, prayers, a tribute video to our soldiers and more.
- Lakewood will hold a Memorial Day Parade at the Town Square at 10AM. The parade ends at the All War Memorial Amphitheater.
- Brick’s Memorial Day Parade, which pays tribute to the brave men and women in the military, starts at 10AM at the former Foodtown site and travels to town hall on Chambers Bridge Road. It’s hosted by VFW Post 8867 and American Legion Post 348.
- Get your bikes out for the 11th Annual Point Pleasant Beach Memorial Day Bike Parade on May 26th at 10:00AM. It starts at the Bank of America parking lot on Arnold Avenue. Bikes and floats will be smothered in red, white and blue – proud American colors!
Northwest Ocean County
- Plumsted holds their Memorial Day Parade at 1PM on May 28th. It starts at North Main Street and marches all the way to the American Legion headquarters.
- On Memorial Day in Jackson at 10AM, the VFW Post 4703 hosts their parade and Memorial Day services. The parade takes place between Jackson Memorial High School and the Jackson Municipal Justice Complex. Afterwards, stay for a BBQ featuring burgers, sandwiches and more.
- For the first time, Manchester holds one large Memorial Day Parade instead of two. It starts at 10AM at the Grand Army Memorial in Pine Lake Park.
Toms River Area
- A local favorite, the 78th Annual Toms River Memorial Day Parade, returns to Downtown Toms River at 9AM. It starts at Main and Washington Streets.
- Beachwood hosts a Memorial Day Parade at 10AM followed by their annual RiverFest in Mayo Park from 11AM-2PM. There will be tons of vendors, crafters, antiques and more. The event includes delicious food from local restaurants and activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- Lavallette honors all of our brave Veterans with their Memorial Day Service in Memorial Park on May 30th at 11AM.
Southern Ocean County
- On May 27th at 7PM, Barnegat Light hosts a Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony. The festivities start at West 11th Street and end at the Barnegat Lighthouse State Park. The parade includes the Ocean County Emerald Society Bagpipe Band.
- Pay tribute to our brave men and women at the Barnegat Memorial Day Parade at 1PM. The parade commences on Birdsall Ave.
- Check out the Memorial Day Parade in Beach Haven at 10AM. It starts at Taylor Avenue and concludes at Veteran’s Bicentennial Park. Floats covered with patriotic colors will march through Long Beach Island!
- Ship Bottom hosts a special Memorial Day Service at 1PM at the front lawn of Borough Hall. They will be paying tribute to our military.
- Manahawkin presents a Memorial Day Ceremony on May 29th at 1PM at the Stafford Municipal Complex’s “Veteran’s Park”.
No related posts.