Earth Day is fantastic day to build awareness on important environmental issues and to take action to cleanup our planet. Earth Day falls on Tuesday, April 22nd in 2014. To commemorate Earth Day, there are several Earth Day events occurring all this week in Ocean County. Here are five ways to Celebrate Earth Day in 2014:
- Honor Earth Day 2014 with the annual Barnegat Bay Blitz, which is the watershed wide cleanup of the Barnegat Bay. On April 25th, the cleanups will occur in or near every town in the water. Sign up for the Barnegat Bay Blitz.
- Check out the first ever Earth Day Festival hosted by the Environmental Club of Ocean County College. The campus in Toms River will host the festivities, which include speaking lectures, live music, crafts, an environmental fair with organizations, a movie, a nature walk and more. Come by from 2pm-8pm on Earth Day, April 22nd.
- The Jackson Branch of the Ocean County Library presents Earth Day Flower Power, a great activity for kids ages 3-10 on April 22nd.
- South Toms River presents their inaugural Earth Day Celebration on April 26th from 10am-2pm at the Recreation Building. There will be local environmental organizations there.
- Bring the entire family to the Point Pleasant Borough Environmental Commission 2014 Earth Day Celebration at Riverfront Park. In its 10th year, the celebration will be bigger than ever. Check out all of the local and environmental vendors. Enjoy the food vendors, featuring BBQ and seafood dishes. There will also be LIVE entertainment at this event on April 26th from 12pm-4pm.